How can it be improved?

Combined total for multiple email accounts

For those that have multiple email accounts, it would be nice to see a combined total of unread emails rather than separate lines for each account.

IE instead of:
1 missed call
2 unread texts
2 unread emails in a@gmail.com
1 unread emails in b@gmail.com
3 unread emails in c@gmail.com
0 unread emails in d@gmail.com

we see:
1 missed call
2 unread texts
6 unread emails

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Munkee915Munkee915 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tiaan KrugerTiaan Kruger commented  · 

I agree with brc64 on this one(even the original idea is a good 1). it would be awesome if we are free to add and group the notifications any way we like. i am sure it cant be that difficult to implement

• srauchsrauch commented  · 

Totally agree and like the idea of brc64, would be cool if simple formulas could be used.

• ShaneShane commented  · 

I agree with brc64, I'd love to just have a widget saying "X notifications"

• Munkee915Munkee915 commented  · 

I tried it but doesnt seem to work. Added gmail as monitored app but missed it wont update when receiving emails. Missed it 1.5.3 and gmail 2.3.5 on HTC Evo 3D.

• igeceAdminigece (Admin, MissedIt!) commented  · 

Well, as a side effect, this is currently possible with Missed It! 1.5.2 and Gmail accounts.
        Google has restriced the access to the Gmail API since Gmail version 2.3.5 and so, the only mode now to get notifications of new messages is adding Gmail as a monitored application. This way, you will get the combined total of new emails of accounts you have configured to send notifications.

• PeekzPeekz commented  · 

Would also really like this

• doomgazerdoomgazer commented  · 

Adding a +1 to this - would be a great feature to make this widget even better.

• brc64brc64 commented  · 

I would like to extend this request to include combined total of notifications in general. For example, I consider unread SMS and Google Talk messages to be the same category of thing. If I have 1 unread SMS and 2 unread Talk messages, I'd love to be able to just show "3 unread messages". I can easily figure out what's what after unlocking my phone.

Ideally, something like [[msgs]+[talk]] or [[mails1]+[mails2]] would be the most convenient, if doable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base